Monday, October 24, 2011

currently reading: front row, anna wintour













































I seem to be on a roll with fashion non-fiction, from my last read about Chanel to my current Anna biography. I've been an Anna fan for a long time, and have devoured her cinematic "tributes" The Devil Wears Prada and The September Issue


Oppenheimer's tell-all, Front Rowpaints Anna in a rather unflattering light (surprise, surprise)--noting her trademark icy demeanour and obsession with fashion to the point of cruelty..to herself and others.

It's been a very entertaining read!






















"It appeared to me that she needed absolutely no advice from anyone, and she'd carve her own path fairly smoothly."




"Anna's coworkers endured her--some with awe, others with contempt, and still others with fear and alarm."
































1 | 2 & 3 | 4 | 5

2 comments:

  1. I watched the September Issue. It was so good. I want to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do! It makes her sound so wicked, but somehow it only makes me like her more? Crazy, but true - I've drunk the Anna Wintour kool-aid!

    ReplyDelete