Tuesday, February 21, 2012

tea time

I just finished thumbing through "The Ultimate Tea Diet" by Mark Ukra. Although some points were a little much (tea rub for meats?) you don't have to tell me twice that tea is tasty & good for you. It's tough for me to follow exact meal plans and strict regimes, so my main takeaway was drink tea--a lot, all day. Sounds good to me!

















































My picks for a perfect cuppa tea:

Yogi Green Tea Kombucha: a nice break from typical strong green teas, this Yogi flavor is a bit fruity and smells delicious. My Korean-tea-expert friend recommended it to me.. and she knows her stuff!

Twinings Gunpowder Green Tea
: this is actually swiped from my little bro after he lost interest in a supposed tea kick. It is a typical strong green tea, but is loose and in pellet form, so you need a special little accessory tea strainer

Tazo Passion Tea: no doubt, the prettiest of the bunch--a deep magenta! Passion tea is my go-to when I'm bored with water and tea, and want major flavor without the caloric punch in the gut.

I've admired the Kate Spade home items for a long, long time and can't imagine anything better than cozying up with one of these cups and a good book...or magazine :) I think I've been obsessed with the gold dot mug for years!  Left: Ticker Tape Mug, Right: Illustrated Salan Wall Cup and Saucer.

Does anyone have any favorite teas to share? I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. mmm tea! Peppermint tea is my favorite, and I would love to sip it out of a kate spade mug :)

    ReplyDelete