Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
I'm in the process gathering my beach essentials for a getaway in Hilton Head, SC next week. I couldn't be more excited to head south, and am happily packing my bags!
On my list:
1. Straw fedora, because my hair doesn't look so hot windblown.
2. Well, the bag itself... the Large Resort Tote in Island Blooms. I just picked this up this past weekend, and think it is perfect for the beach.
3. My trusty Kindle! I've packed it full of fun reads for the drive down and the days at the beach.
4. Cute suit.. love this top from Old Navy.
5. A Mini Hipster in Priscilla Pink, perfect for bike rides and long walks on the beach.
6. Reading material :)
7. Footwear of choice: Old Navy flip flops.
8. Obsessed with this Sydney style of sunglasses... love the slight cat-eye.
Now tell me... what am I missing?
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
It was rough, but I made it... 13.1 miles in 2:17! I am really proud of myself for sticking to my training schedule and not stopping. When I started training in January, I dreaded 3-4 mile "long" runs!
As soon as my body stops being so sore (seriously, when does the "my toenails are going to fall off" feeling fade?!), I plan on returning to the pavement. Which means I need some new gear, right?
Friday, May 4, 2012
Tomorrow I'll be joining 34,999 fellow runners in Indianapolis for the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. I am super nervous: the longest races I've been in are 5ks (and those was years ago!) so the thought of 13.1 miles is a tad bit daunting.
My strategy: trust in my training and dig deep to connect with my inner athlete...who's been in hibernation since my swimming days.
And I love these Runner's World posters! Oh realism, you slay me.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Feast your eyes (bah dum dum tss) on these glorious forms of breakfast, via bkfst.tumblr.com. Breakfast for dinner was quite the treat at my house when we were little--really, in what other meal is cinnamon toast an approved main course?!
With options that run the gamut from savory to sweet, I could easily have breakfast for every meal. And sometimes do...