The royal baby is here! The little bundle of joy (formally known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge) arrived July 22. Will and Kate made their first appearance as a family of three the following day in what may be the cutest press conference ever!
Will was adorable, joking about the baby having Kate's looks and a good set of lungs. And Kate ... girlfriend can do no wrong, even the day after giving birth. She was all smiles, with a beautiful blow-out and that post-baby belly that's being celebrated by moms worldwide. Kate does it again!
A few of my favorite things about the royal birth:
1. Kate's shout-out to Diana with her polka dot dress. Really, really sweet!
2. Will and Kate matching in baby blue. (And millions of girls around the world go Awww ....)
3. The first royal baby shopping frenzy! Prince George was swaddled in aden + anais jungle jam swaddle. Kate is known for mixing low with bespoke, so I can't wait to follow along with her baby shopping.
4. Even though the announcement officially came through on the internet, I love the easel tradition outside of Buckingham Palace. Sure, it doesn't make sense these days, with the Twitterverse alive and kicking, but it's part of the monarchy and I love that.
5. Royal reactions: Queen Elizabeth treated the folks at Buckingham Palace to a bit of bubbly to toast the arrival of her great grandson. The Wales men were equally excited, with Prince Charles' being "enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather" and Prince Harry vowing to be a "fun" uncle. (Like we ever doubted ya, Harry!)
Congratulations Will and Kate, and welcome to the world George Alexander Louis!