Thursday, July 11, 2013

western ho! & watercolor maps


First up, a getaway ...

I'm headed to Utah for a little reunion with two college chicas. I've never been to the beehive state (really, beehive?!) so I'm excited to do a little exploring. On the agenda: Park City, Salt Lake City and Sundance, with a home-base in Provo. Oh yeah, and not dying from the 99 degree temps!

About the map above: Stamen Design has an awesome program with 3 map "filters - watercolor, toner and terrain. I love the watercolor version - especially with little lakes or rivers in the area. How pretty is Great Salt Lake in the Utah map (above)?

After playing around with Utah, I plugged in a few other destinations ...


London (with a wiggly River Thames!)


Central Park in NYC 


Downtown Indianapolis (Monument Circle even has the little fountains!)


Ah, Paree!

I found this site on Pinterest and love it. You can zoom in or zoom out depending on how detailed you want to go.  In the cities, it's neat to see how they are laid out, like a San Fran grid versus Paris spoke. I want to print a few and frame as a reminder of where I've been and where I want to go!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment